Sustainable Development is "development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs".
For example, using LCC on a typical 3-bed semi detached house achieves:
- Saving of over 10 tonnes of CO2 emissions
- Saving of quarrying over 18 tonnes of natural resources
- Saving the energy equivalent of over 1.7 years of electricity use in the average home.
Low Carbon Concrete uses Ecocem green cement leading to a reduced carbon footprint. Concrete containing Ecocem is also stronger, looks better and lasts longer making it the sustainable solution of choice for new build.
The Embodied CO2 in Irish construction projects accounts for between 10% & 15% of all CO2 emissions in Ireland. LCC can reduce the embodied CO2 in concrete by 40%. LCC can reduce the embodied CO2 of the average structure by 25% making it the Best Available Technology (BAT) for reducing embodied CO2 in the construction industry.
The Convention Centre Dublin
Using LCC in the Convention Centre Dublin has achieved:
- Saving of over 6,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions
- Saving of quarrying over 10,000 tonnes of natural resources
- Saving the energy equivalent of over 1,000 years of electricity use in the average home.